Choosing the memorial
We can provide a memorial or cremation tablet for our local cemeteries and churchyards and we would be happy to advise you on local restrictions and regulations. We can also prepare an estimate for one that you may have seen at the cemetery or from one of our brochures.
You will need to consider:
- Shape and style
- Colour and type of stone
- Colour and type of lettering
- How many further inscriptions would be required?
- If a design or stencil is required
- If a flower vase is required, if so how many?
We advise allowing six months to elapse from the date of the funeral until the memorial is placed. Please be aware, it can take around 3 months from the date of order to completion. If required, we would be very happy to supply a temporary grave marker vase in the meantime.
Each cemetery and churchyard have different scales of charges for their permission to place the memorial, we will advise you about these fees. When choosing one you will need to consider the following costs:
- Cost of the memorial
- Cost of the lettering (charged per letter)
- Cost of any ornament, photo, stencil, plaque or vases (if required)
- Cost to supply the foundation and fix the memorial
- Cost of the cemetery or churchyards permit fee
Please note: George Scott funeral services do not charge V.A.T. on the above costs. Neil Scott, great-grandson of the founder George Scott, continues the family tradition of service. Our qualified and well experienced staff will give sympathetic and professional attention, to guide bereaved families through the many choices that are available.